The Karma Therapy
Creation, like anything else that is orderly, rests on certain fundamental laws which cannot be broken; law of karma being the foremost. Even the Gods are bound by this law and no one is over it. The modern man who insists on his superiority over nature and who foolishly tries to defy the laws of nature to create a utopian world for himself is stuck in the spiral of devolution. The result is visible if you look at today’s youth who wear thick glasses, have bent spines, grey hair, improper digestion, addiction towards machines and an artificial life. Why?
The answer lies in the law of karma. What you sow, so shall you reap. The more you collect, the more pain you accumulate. A simple solution to the above maladies is to work with the law of karma rather than against it. How?
If you look around you will find a lot of hungry people on the road, birds and wild animals like dogs dying in accidents, unattended and unfed. Cows and bulls, which were worshipped by Vedic, Egyptian and Zorastrian civilisations, who were not slaughtered till the Mughal era ended, are now tortured to death. If the modern man ignores all this and continues to to live for just himself, then the law of karma would definitely get him. Diseases would increase, human pain and suffering would rise dramatically, problems in all aspects of life would become manifold.
Let us look around and see whether we can feed a hungry man, dog or bird or save a cow or help someone who is sick. All this would ensure a happy and safe life for our future generations and us.
Yog Sutras on charity and service
Service and charity form an integral part of the beings evolution. The yamas of satya, asteya, aparigraha and ahimsa as detailed in Patanjali Ashtang Yog in general and Sanatan Kriya in particular, direct a practitioner to help those around and protect the weak
How you can help…
Charity need not always be monetary. Charity can be kind words, helping someone, teaching, blessing someone, it can even be something as simple as a smile if someone needs that, at that moment, without expecting anything in return. It is any act of helping someone without any direct benefit to you. Your work is only to do your karma and forget about it.
Sponsor a child’s journey from street to school
Feed A Dog
Become a FAD volunteer or sponsor food for our canine friends
Save A Cow
Protect an injured/ accidental cow on the road.
Help a Monkey
Protect the monkeys from dying on the roads and murdered mercilessly.
Be-friend a Bird
Help them from becoming extinct.
Food Distribution Camps (Langars)
Volunteer at an ongoing Langar or start one in your area!
Help restore confidence in women and help them become self-reliant.
Sanatan Kriya workshops
Volunteer to conduct yoga workshops in your area and manage that centre with our support.
The Inner World
Help us spread awareness about authentic ancient practices, bust myths, promote health and create environmental conciousness among masses by advertising in TIW, a monthly spiritual and wellness magazine distributed free of cost across the world.
- Child sponsorship: Special Sponsorship Programmes are tailored to assist children with different needs and backgrounds. For instance, 60 children have been admitted to mainstream public schools and are continually sponsored by the Dhyan Yog Society.
- Sponsorship for the differently-abled: Visually-impaired women have been continually supported by the Dhyan Foundation.
- Periodic health check-up camps for under-privileged women and children.
- Blanket Distribution Drive every winter to protect the under-privileged from the biting cold and hostile environment.
- Promoting Health and spiritual growth through numerous Yoga workshops across the globe, without charging even a single penny, in order to share the gift from the ancient Rishis of India, the gift of Yog.
- Environmental awareness drives to sensitize the citizens to the needs and demands of our environment and educating them about eco-friendly practices and lifestyle.
- Emergency Relief: Dhyan Foundation responds to emergencies by providing food and medical aid, other essential supplies and special articles for women & children.
To be part of these initiatives, please feel free to contact us on 9999567895. To contribute towards our various causes, click here.